Dr Ajitabh Srivastava
MBBS, MS, DNB, FASTS
Associate Consultant - HPB & Liver Surgery,Liver Transplantation
Dr Ajitabh Srivastava is alumni of the Goa Medical College and completed his MS in General Surgery from Goa University in April 2004. He holds a DNB from the National Board of Examinations. He is a Fellow of American Society of Transplant Surgeons and has held several leading positions in liver transplant surgery and HPB surgeries in this illustrious career.
An author of several papers that have been published in leading journals, he has also presented papers & presentations at prestigious conferences the world over. His areas of expertise & speciality include – liver transplants, liver surgeries and hepatobiliary surgeries.
Nov 2016 – till Date
Senior Consultant & Unit Head FMRI, Department of Liver Transplant and Hepatobiliary Surgery, Fortis Hospital.
Nov 2015 – Nov 2016
Consultant Liver Transplant and Regenerative Medicine, Medanta Medicity, Gurgaon.
Nov 2012 – Nov 2015
Senior Consultant, Department of HPB Surgery & Solid Organ Transplant, MIOT International, Chennai.
July 2011 – Nov 2012
ASTS Accredited Fellowship, Department of Solid Organ Transplant & HPB Surgery, Strong Memorial Hospital, USA.
Feb 2009 – Mar 2011
Associate Consultant, Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, HPB Surgery and Liver Transplant, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai.
July 2008 – Jan 2009
Associate Consultant, Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, HPB Surgery and Liver Transplant, Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi.
July 2007 – Jan 2008
Junior Consultant, Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, HPB Surgery and Liver Transplant, Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi.
Sep 2006 – July 2007
Registrar, Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, HPB Surgery and Liver Transplant, Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi.
Sep 2005 – Sep 2006
Senior Resident, Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, HPB Surgery and Liver Transplant, Sri Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi.
May 2003 – Aug 2005
Senior Resident, Department of Surgery, Trauma & Neurosurgery, GMC, Goa.
Oct 2000 – Apr 2003
Junior Resident, Department of Surgery, Trauma, GMC, Goa.
Apr 2000 – Sep 2000
Junior Resident, Department of ENT, GMC, Goa.
Jan 1999 – Dec 1999
Rotational Clinical Internship, GMC, Goa.
- Life time member of Association of Surgeons of India
- Member of Indian Medical Association
- Life Member of Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterologist
- Member of American Society of Transplant Surgeons
- “Roche- Preceptorship training program in liver transplantation” held at University of Alabama, Birmingham, USA. Only candidate to be selected from India for year 2006
- Vivek Vij et al. Decision-Analysis for selection of Graft Type in Right Lobe LRLT Selection of donor grafts - Oral presentation and travel award in ILTS.
- Experience of Live Donor Liver Transplant from a Developing Country. Vivek Vij , Ajitabh Srivastava, Manav Wadhawan, Subash Gupta ILTS Rio de Janeiro 2007, published in Liver Transplantation June 2007 Volume 13 Issue S1.
- Modified reconstruction of MHV outflow in ® Lobe Liver Transplant without interposition graft Vivek Vij, Ajitabh Srivastava, Neerav Goyal, Subash Gupta HPB 2008; 10(S1):45.,
- Decision- Analysis for Selection of Graft Type in Right Lobe Living Related Liver Transplantation V.Vivek, B.Lenin, D.Puneet, S.Ajitabh, G.Neerav, G.Subash Abstract # O-145, ILTS NY 2009, published in Liver Transplantation July 2009 Volume 15 Issue S7.
- Towards Zero Bile Leaks in Living Related Liver Transplantation Vivek Vij, Shridhar Sasturkar, Ajitabh Srivastava, Neerav Goyal, Subash Gupta Abstract # P-536, ILTS NY 2009, published in Liver Transplantation July 2009 Volume 15 Issue S7.
- Successful Treatment of Cutaneous Mucormycosis following Living Donor Liver Transplantation and Review of Literature Ajitabh Srivastava, Vivek Vij, M Wadhawan and S Gupta Apollo Medicine Volume 4 Number 4 December 2007.
- Liver Transplantation in a Large Pediatric Tumor Manav Wadhawan, Nishant Wadhwa, Anupam Sibal, Vivek Vij, Neerav Goyal, Ajitabh Srivasatava and Subash Gupta Apollo Medicine Volume 5 Number 3 September 2008.
- Liver Transplantation – Indian Scenario Manav Wadhawan, Vivek Vij, Neerav Goyal, Ajitabh Srivastava, Anupam Sibal, Ajay Kumar and Subash Gupta. Apollo Medicine Volume 5 Number 4 December 2008.
- Cavoportal Hemitransposition for post Living Related Liver Transplant Portal Vein Thrombosis : A Valid Option N Goyal, V Vij, M Wadhawan, A Srivastava, P Dargan, P Lohia and S Gupta Apollo Medicine Volume 5 Number 4 December 2008
- Successful Living Donor Liver Transplant in a child with Abernethy Malformation with Biliary atresia, Ventricular Septal Defect and Intrapulmonary shunting. Singhal A, Srivastava A, Goyal N, Vij V, Wadhawan M, Bera M and Gupta S Pediatric Transplant 2009
- “Learning Curve in Performance of Laparoscopic Surgery” thesis submitted to Goa University 2003."
- Impact of MHV in the Donor and Recipient Outcome following LDLT, study done during the tenure at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital.
- English, Hindi