Dr Karthik Raj Manoharan Rao
MBBS, MSc, MD (Anaesthesia), PDCC Fellowship
Liver Anaesthesia & Critical Care – Consultant,Liver Transplantation
Dr Karthik Raj Manoharan completed his bachelors in medicine and MD from Sri Ramchandra University after which he pursued his masters in science in the field of infectious disease from the University of Western Australia. He later received a fellowship in liver transplant, HPB anaesthesia and critical care from Tamilnadu Dr MGR Medical University.
In his professional experience of more than 10 years, Dr Karthik has managed multiple profiles both in at esteemed organisations in India and Australia in the capacity of Senior Registrar, Resident, Clinical Research Assistant, and Medical Officer.
July 2017 – Till Date
Junior Consultant, Liver Pancreas and Intestinal Transplant Intensive Care, Apollo Hospitals, Chennai.
Jun 2014 – July 2017
Senior Registrar, Liver Anaesthesia & Intensive Care Unit, Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Chennai.
Mar 2011 – Apr 2014
Resident, Department of Anaesthesia, Critical Care & Pain Medicine, Sriramachandra University, Chennai.
Nov 2009 – Mar 2010
Clinical Research Assistant, Telethon Institute of Child Health Research, Australia.
Feb 2009 – Nov 2009
Tutor in Human Physiology, The University of Western Sydney, Australia
Apr 2008 – Nov 2008
Clinical Research Assistant, Sir Charles Gaidner Hospital, Australia
Nov 2007 – Jan 2008
Demonstrator, Department of Forensic Medicine, Sriramachandra University, Chennai
Jul 2007 – Nov 2008
Medical Officer, Deepan Hospital, Trichy
- Liver Transplant and Hepatobiliary
- Hepatology and Gastroenterology
- Transplant Unit & ICU
- General Anaesthesiology, Critical Care & Pain Medicine
- Clinical Research and Statistical Analysis
- Academic Teaching, Lecturing and Demonstration
- Indian Medical Association
- Indian Society of Anaesthesiologists
- Randomized controlled trail of Laparoscopic Vs. Open Appendicectomy. G. Manoharan, Karthik Raj M, Pari M R, Subramanian M: 2003, Abstract book of XIX Global Meeting of INCLEN, China 2003, p100
- Student Reviewer for Elsevier Publishers of Medical Textbooks – Parson’s Diseases of the Eye, Diseases of Ear, Nose and Throat by P.L. Dhingra, Gray’s Anatomy, Prep Manual for Undergraduates – Medicine, Davidson’s Medicine Textbook. Mentored by Dr. Chet Hunter, International Editor of Davidson’s Medicine Textbook in 2003.
- Diverging Trends in Gastroenteritis Hospitalizations During 2 Decades in Western Australian Aboriginal and Non-Aboriginal Children, Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal, Nov 2013 Authors: Karthik Raj Manoharan, Hannah Moore and Deborah Lehmann.
- Prospective randomized study to compare between intravenous dexmedetomidine and esmolol for attenuation of hemodynamic response to endotracheal intubation, Anesthesia Essays Res, 2016 May-Aug. Authors: Venkatesh Selvaraj, Karthik Raj Manoharan.
- English, Tamil