Dr Phani Kiran S
MBBS, MS (Ortho), DNB (Orthopedic Surgery), FNB (Spine Surgery), MNAMS, Fellowship in Spine Surgery (Hong-Kong, Germany)
Dr Phani Kiran S is a National Board of Examination certified Spine Surgeon. He is a post graduate from one of the top three Medical colleges in the country, MAMC, New Delhi. He has 10 years of Post-MS experience in Orthopaedic Surgery, with over 7 years experience in Spine Surgery and two years Spine Surgery fellowship training at MIOT Hospitals, Chennai. His special interests lies in the areas of spinal deformity correction and Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, Spinal injection techniques. He also has experience in dealing with common as well as complex spinal disorders. Also, he is experienced in independent surgical and non-surgical management for degenerative, traumatic, infectious conditions of the spine as well as spinal deformities and spinal tumours.
Senior Consultant Spine Surgeon, Gleneagles Global Hospitals
Junior Consultant Orthopaedic and Spine Surgeon: At Global Hospitals and Health City, Chennai
Senior Registrar in Spine Surgery: at MIOT Hospitals, Chennai
Fellowship in Spine Surgery (FNB), Fellowship of National Board of Examinations (NBE) in Spine Surgery at M.I.O.T. Hospitals, Chennai
Diplomate of National Board (DNB), Orthopaedic surgery, National Board of Examinations.
Senior Resident Orthopedic Surgeon at Lok Nayak Hospital and Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi.
Master of Surgery (M.S.), Orthopaedic surgery, Maulana Azad Medical College, University of Delhi, New Delhi
Postgraduate trainee, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Maulana Azad Medical College and associated Lok Nayak Hospital
Spine Surgery visiting fellowship: At Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong University with significant exposure to Spinal deformity correction surgery
Spine Surgery fellowship: At University Clinic of Bonn, Germany, with significant exposure to revision spine surgery and endoscopic spine surgery.
M.B.B.S : Maulana Azad Medical College, University of Delhi, New Delhi
- Member, Neuro-Spinal Surgeons Association of India (NSSA)
- Member, International Society of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology
- Member, AO Spine Membership
- Top ranker (3rd) in Delhi PG entrance 2003.
- Awarded Membership of National Academy of Medical Sciences. 2008
- Best Poster award in DOACON 2004.
- Guest lectures on ‘Natural history of disc degeneration’ at Sri Balaji Medical College
- Organising team member of GLOSS (Global Orthopaedic and Spine Symposium) May 2014.
- Organizing team member of SPINE 2012, conference held by NSSA at Chennai. Chairperson for a session on Cervical laminoplasty.
- 19th Mini-workshop on Educational Science Technology: Department of Medical Education, National Teachers Training Centre, Maulana Azad Medical College.
- Organising team member for cadaveric workshop on Shoulder, Knee arthroscopy by Delhi Orthopaedic Association (2006).
- Organizing team member for yearly Orthopaedic P.G. Instructional Course at Maulana Azad Medical College from 2003 to 2008.
- Author of a chapter on “Natural history of degenerative changes in lumbar spine” in WFNS (World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies) Spine Committee Text book of Surgical Management of Lumbar Disc Herniation.
- Faculty participant in Instructional Course in Spine (ASSI) 2015, Vizag.
- Presented a lecture on “Surgical management of Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis” in AO Spine Scoliosis week, 2013, Kochi.
- Presentation on “Single stage tethered cord release and deformity correction in a case of meningomyelocoele with lumbar hyperlordosis and scoliosis. A report and review of literature.” In ASSI AO Spine ICS 2013, Kodaikanal.
- Presentations on “Cervical spine metastasis with cord compression as the only manifestation of Hepatocellular carcinoma: A case report.” and “Acute onset cauda equina compression caused by a facet joint cyst: A case report and review of literature.” in ASSICON 2013.
- Presented “A C7 destructive lesion treated as tuberculosis for 18 months, presenting with late onset dysphagia: An interesting case report” in the NSSA SPINE 2012 conference at Chennai.
- Faculty participant in the NSSA SPINE 2012 conference.
- Published “Functional restoration after early tendon transfer in high radial nerve paralysis.” Journal of Hand Surgery (European Volume) 2011;36 135-140
- Published “Subdural Empyema following skull traction: A rare presentation of a rare complication.” In Delhi Journal of Orthopaedics Vol 1(2) Jan 2005.
- Thesis publication: “To study the efficacy of Subcutaneous and Submuscular Anterior transposition of Ulnar nerve for Ulnar nerve entrapment at elbow.” for the award of degree of Master of Surgery in Orthopaedics, University of Delhi.
- Thesis publication: “To study the efficacy and short-term outcome of minimally invasive pedicle screw fixation in thoracolumbar and lumbar spine.” For the Fellowship of National Board in Spine Surgery in 2011.
- Presented scientific work on “Clostridial myonecrosis caused by IM injection” in the Inagural Musculoskeletal Infection Section Conference of Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association 2006.
- Presented free paper on “Anterior transposition of the ulnar nerve for ulnar neuropathy at elbow: Subcutaneous or Submuscular?” in Golden Jubilee Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association in 2005.
- Scientific presentations in Annual conference of Delhi Orthopaedic Association 2005.
- o Pyknodysostosis with a fractured femur: A surgeon’s dilemma.
- o Extensive Clostridial myonecrosis of the upper limb following intramuscular injection.
- o Scapulothoracic dissociation: a rare injury with devastating consequences, managed by a novel technique.