Dr Sandeep Attawar received special training at Shri Chitra Tirunal Institute For Medical Sciences and Technology. He had the opportunity to work in high volume cardiac centers such as the Manipal Heart Foundation Hospital and Narayana Hrudulayaya in Bangalore. Since 1998, he had participated in over 10,000 open and closed heart surgical procedures, all of which were diverse in both the complexity and the age of the patient.
Dr Sandeep’s 18 years of experience includes over 5500 multivessel Coronary Artery Bypass and 150 restorative redo heart surgery. He has operated over 400 neonates and approximately 3500 children with congenital heart defects.
- Dr Sandeep's 18 years of experience includes over 5500 multivessel Coronary Artery Bypass and 150 restorative redo heart surgery. He has operated over 400 neonates and approximately 3500 children with congenital heart defects.
- He is proficient in multiple valve replacements in children, including mitral and aortic valve repairs.
- He has performed over a dozen Ross procedures in patients as young as 5 years of age.
- Corrective surgeries for congenital heart defects in infancy is a significant part of his repertoire.
- He has extensive experience in managing surgical and clinical departments at major institutes such as Apollo Hospital in Dhaka, Bangladesh, and more recently, Narayana Hrudayala in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- Member of Internationa Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery and International Society of Heart an Lung Transplant.
- Set the stage for stem cell therapy for heart failutre and initiated a Mechanical circulatory support program in association with critical care specialists and plumonologists.