Dr Selvakumar M
MBBS, MD (Anaesthesia), DNB (Anaesthesia)
Associate Consultant - Head of Dept. - Liver, HPB Anesthesia & Liver Intensive Care,Liver Transplantation
Dr Selvakumar Malleeswaran is alumni of the Madras Medical College, Chennai and completed his MD in Anesthesiology from PGIMER, Chandigarh. He also as a DNB in Anesthesiology and a European Diploma in Intensive Medical Care. His professional experience includes heading senior consultant roles in Liver Anaesthesia and Intensive Care.
He also served as the Assistant Professor for Anaesthesia and Critical Care. And has vast experience in the critical care management of liver transplant recipients and critically ill cirrhotic patients. His areas of experience include – paediatric liver transplants, vascular anaesthesia, transplant and hepatology critical care.
Liver transplantation, Combined Liver Kidney transplantation, HPB surgeries, Kidney-Pancreas and Multi-visceral transplantation and medical management of acute liver failure and critically ill cirrhotic patients – are his areas of specialization. He’s also skilled in the treatment of several gastro-intestinal conditions.
19th Sept 2017 – till date
Senior Consultant, Liver Anaesthesia and Intensive care Intensivist in Charge, Liver ICU Apollo Hospitals, Greams road, Chennai.
15th Oct 2010 – 18th Sept 2017
Consultant Anaesthesiologist and Intensivist Institute of Liver diseases and transplantation, Global Hospitals & Health city Perumbakkam, Chennai, India.
05thMay 2009 - 30thSept 2010
Assistant professor, Anaesthesia & Critical care Chettinad Hospitals and Research Institute, Chennai, India.
01stJuly 2008 –30thApril 2009
Senior Resident, Anaesthesia &Intensive care PGIMER, Chandigarh, India.
01stJuly 2005 –30th June 2008
Junior Resident, Anaesthesia & Intensive care PGIMER, Chandigarh, India.
March 2004 to March 2005
House officer Madras Medical College, Chennai.
Aug 1999 to Feb 2004
M.B.B.S Madras Medical College & Research Institute Chennai, India.
- Effect of Intrathecal magnesium Sulphate to bupivacaine-fentanyl spinal anaesthesia in mild preeclamptic patients undergoing caesarean section.
- Impact of intraoperative blood transfusion on outcome in infants undergoing orthotopic liver transplantation - Poster
- Anaesthesia and intensive care for simultaneous liver-kidney transplantation: A single-centre experience with 12 recipients.
- Anaesthesia and Intensive care within a new liver transplant programme: Report on outcomes after evolution of a successful structure after 179 transplants.
- Deceased donor liver transplantation in the east – A viable opportunity for growth or a logistic and clinical nightmare?
- A Randomized Study of Magnesium Sulphate as an Adjuvant to Intrathecal Bupivacaine in Patients With Mild Preeclampsia Undergoing Caesarean Section”.
- Magnesium Sulphate as an Adjuvant to Intrathecal Bupivacaine in Pre-Eclamptic Parturients Undergoing Cesarean Section
S. Malleeswaran, N. Panda, P. Mathew, R. Bagga International Journal of Obstetric Anesthesia (2010) 19, 161–166
Malleeswaran S., Kaliamoorthy I., Reddy M.S., Rajakumar A., Shanmugam N.P., Rela M. International Liver Transplant Society Congress, Prague, 2017.
Akila Rajakumar, Shiwalika Gupta, Selvakumar Malleeswaran, Joy Varghese, Ilankumaran Kaliamoorthy, Mohamed Rela
Indian Journal of Anaesthesia 2016 60(7) 476-483
I. Kaliamoorthy, A. Rajakumar, V. G. Venkatesan, S. Malleeswaran, Thomas P. Cherian, R. Rajalingam, J. Varghese, M. Rela Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology (March 2013) 3 (1S) S113
Thomas P. Cherian, J. Varghese, A. Bharathan, V. G. Venkatesan, A. Rajakumar,
S. Malleeswaran, V. Palaniyappan, S. Reddy, A. Nethaji, I. Kaliamoorthy, M. Rela
Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hepatology (March 2013) 3 (1S) S114
S. Malleeswaran, N. Panda, P. Mathew, R. Bagga Survey of Anesthesiology (February 2011) 55, 24-34
S. Malleeswaran, N. Panda, P. Mathew, R. Bagga Regional Anesthesia & Pain Medicine (October 2008) 33(5) 129
- English, Tamil