Dr Sham S
MBBS, MD, DM
Consultant - Rheumatology
Dr. S. Sham completed his MBBS from P.S.G Institute of Medical Science & Research, Coimbatore. He is a highly qualified Rheumatologist (passed his D.M from prestigious Madras Medical College) with experience in managing diseases like Rheumatoid arthritis, spondyloarthropathy, gout and other crystal arthropathies, SLE (lupus), systemic sclerosis, vasculitis, sjogrens syndrome, soft tissue rheumatism, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia etc.
He is skilled in intra-articular and intralesional injections and musculoskeletal USG. He believes in spending more time with patients in explaining them about the nature of illness, investigations and the treatment plan, as for any doctor to successfully treat his patient, the patient should first understand about the disease. He has also published many journals and is a member of various associations.
M.B.B.S – P.S.G Institute of Medical Science & Research, Coimbatore 2011-
M.D (General Medicine) – Kasturba Medical College (Manipal University), Mangalore
D.M Rheumatology – Madras Medical College
Travel fellowship(Rheumatology) – Queen’s medical centre, Nottingham University Hospitals, Nottingham, U.K
Visiting - Consultant Rheumatologist in Fortis Malar hospitals (Dec 2014 – Dec 2015)
Worked as Assistant Professor in General Medicine - Sri Manakula Vinagagar Medical College & Hospital, Puducherry (August 2010 till July 2011)
- Life member, Indian Rheumatology Association (IRA)
- Life member, The Associations of Physicians of India (API)
- Life member, Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- D.M. Rheumatology – University topper (TN MGR University Gold Medal)
- M.D (General medicine)
- Best Outgoing Student (Dr.K.P.Ganeasn, Dr.B.M.Hegde & Dr.Prabhakar Rao - Gold Medal) in M.D General Medicine.
- Won Gold Medal - Competitive Examination in Thoracic medicine & Cardiology(Darwady Shankar Hegde & Hirebettu Thimmapa Hegde memorial prize)
- INDO-UK Rheumatology Travel Fellowship – 2016
- Assistant Editor - Indian Journal of Rheumatology
- Completed (94% score) EULAR online introductory Musculoskeletal USG Course
- Completed (78% score) EULAR online course on Rheumatic diseases.
- Completed (85% score) EULAR online course in Paediatric Rheumatology
- Santhanam Sham et al. Vaccination in adults with autoimmune inflammatory rheumatic diseases; Indian Journal of Rheumatology. 2016
- Sham Santhanam et al. Correlation of QT interval with disease activity in newly detected SLE patients at baseline and during flare. Indian Journal of Rheumatology, Volume 10, Issue 3,
- Santhanam Sham et al. Rituximab in Biologically Naïve Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients and Methotrexate Non responders - An Indian Experience ; Indian Journal of Rheumatology, Volume 10
- Santhanam Sham et al. Bilateral visual loss as a presenting manifestation - Takayasu arteritis; ; Indian Journal of Rheumatology, Volume 10
- Santhanam, Sham et al. ESR, Uric Acid and its correlation with disease activity in SLE - Is it myth or reality.
- Sham Santhanam . "A beginners dilemma" - To write a scientific paper. Indian Journal of Rheumatology.
- Sham S et al. A rare presentation of Childhood Takayasu's Arteritis – PRES. Indian Journal of Rheumatology.
- Sham S et al. Management of Refractory Calcinosis - How far to go? Indian Journal of Rheumatology.
- Sham s et al. Forestier disease. Indian Journal of Rheumatology.
- Santhanam S, Madeshwaran M, Tamilselvam TN, Rajeswari S. Clinical and immunological profile of SLE patients: Experience from a Chennai-based tertiary care centre (revisited) IJRCI.
- English, Tamil, Hindi, Kannada