Dr Susan George completed her graduation and her masters in General Medicine from BJ Medical College, Pune. She completed her DNB in Cardiology from Institute for Cardiac Treatment and Research, Southern Railway Headquarters Hospital, Chennai.
Dr Susan has had more than two decades of experience at leading healthcare institutes in India and Kuwait. Her profile has made her competent in both clinical and academic tasks. She currently is a consulting cardiologist. Dr Susan has been a part of paper presentations and published research as well.
2009 - till date
Senior Consultant Cardiologist (Noninvasive and Clinical Cardiology ) Global Health City, Chennai
2001 – 2009
Consultant Cardiologist, Chest disease Hospital, Ministry of Health, Kuwait. Clinical Tutor for Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine Kuwait
1997 – 2001
Assistant professor of Cardiology, Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
1996 – 1997
Assistant Professor of Cardiology, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum, Kerala
Full time Registrar, Cardiology, Institute for Cardiac Treatment and Research ,Southern Railway Headquarters Hospital, Chennai, India
Lecturer, Internal Medicine, B.J. Medical College and Sassoon General Hospital, Poona, Maharashtra, India.
Postgraduate Resident, Internal Medicine at Sassoon General Hospital, Poona, Maharashtra
DNB (Cardiology), Institute of Cardiac Treatment and Research, Southern Railway HQ Hospital, Chennai, National Board of Examinations Delhi
MD (General Medicine), B J Medical College Pune
MBBS, B J Medical College Pune
- Echocardiographic Studies (Adult & Paediatric)
- Routine Transthoracic Echocardiography
- Multiplane Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Pharmacologic Stress Echocardiography
- Tissue Velocity Imaging & Speckle Tracking
- Post-op Assessment of Complex Congenital Heart Diseases
- Intraoperative Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Epicardial Echocardiography
- Member, Indian Medical Association
- Joy M Thomas, Sriram Rajagopal, Susan George, Abraham KA: Diagnosis of proximal interruption of right pulmonary artery by TEE: Indian Heart J, 1998.
- S.Thanikachalam, G.Sengottuvel, Susan George, Sampath Kumar M, Shivakumar RV, Balakrishnan KR, Murthy JSN: A case of ball valve thrombus (3D reconstruction): Echocardiography, 1999.
- Rajiv Kumar, MCh, Susan Samuel, MD, K Srinivas Sai, MCh, Mahesh Vakamudi, MD, Richard Saldanha, MCh, Komarishi Rajagopalan Balakrishnan, MCh Extracardiac Fontan/Kawashima Procedure Without Cardiopulmonary Bypass. Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 2000
- Susan George , AL Salama, B Uthaman, G Cherian : Echocardiography in differentiating tuberculous from chronic idiopathic pericardial effusion: Heart 2004
- Cherian G, Uthaman B, Hebashy AG,Salama AL, George S,Large pericardial effusion: the differentiation of tuberculous from chronic idiopathic effusion J Assoc Physicians India. 2003
- Mohammed Shukkur, Mustafa Ridha, Susan George: Primary stenting for traumatic coronary artery dissection from blunt chest trauma-A Case Report: Int.J.of Angiology: 2004.
- E Raja Saravanan E,V Kirthivasan, N Madhu Sankar, G Balasubramaniam, S George Aneurysm of Sinus of Valvalva :uncommon presentation . Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 2011.
- Raja Saravanan Elumalai,Kirthivasan V,Madhu Sankar N, Vaidyanathan K,Balasubramani G, George S .Concomitant Aortoplasty with Septal myectomy for Supravalvar aortic stenosis in an adult: World J of Cardiovascular Surgery 2012
- Susan George,Joy Thomas. Giant Coronary artery aneurysm following Kawasasaki disease follow up by various cardiac imaging modalities. Heart Asia 2012
- George S, Varghese J, Chandrasekaran S, Perumalla R, Reddy MS, Gram negative bacteria causing infective endocarditis : Rare cardiac complication after liver transplantation. World J Hepatol 2013 May27
- Madhubashini M, George S ,Chandrasekaran S Streptobacillus moniliformis endocarditis: Case report and review of literature. Indian Heart J
- Malayalam, Tamil, Hindi, Arabic